Monday, June 29, 2009

Pow-Wow

The meeting went well according to all parties involved. Or, three out of four. Brian came to see my parents, and my brother Scott was present for the conversation. Though I haven't spoken to my brother, both of my parents said that the conversation went well. Neither seemed too terribly thrilled at this; both begrudgingly admitted that it went "just fine," my mother topping off the awkwardness as she intoned, refusing to glance at me, that "he really loves [me]."

My mother has said that I may stay out until 1am if I'm coming home. Fridays and Saturdays, though, I'm allowed to disappear all night long. My parents seem happier with the situation now that they've talked to him, at least. My mother even invited Brian to the 4th of July "celebration," in spite of the fact that it may not even occur on the 4th. We'll see how all of that works out, I suppose.

I'm still not sure about moving out at this point. Yes, I would like to be free. I wonder, though; can I? Not only because I'm worried about my ability to live, but because I'm worried about my family. Can I hurt them that way? They would all be hurt, especially if it's my choice. Even so, I'm meeting with Marc on Thursday evening.

I was worried that, given with my parents have said, things would be awkward with Brian. I worried that they just wouldn't feel right like they used to. This is both because what my parents said is deeply disturbing to me and my morals, and because they pointed out things that I can neither prove nor disprove. Brian is not about to admit to lying, whether he is or not. However, as soon as I got there, things were fine. We just fit together. It's awesome! Yet again, I didn't realize just how much I missed him until I had him again. Not that it wasn't difficult, don't misunderstand. However, I didn't realize just how much until I was snuggled up next to him again.

No comments: